- In November we will be collecting Boxed Dinners for the AVAC food bank. Please put donations in the bins at the back of the sanctuary.
- There is a Bible Study Group meeting Tuesday evening at 6:30 to 7:30, led by Sam Krutz. All are welcome. Come and bring a friend.
- First Baptist has a Junior Church program for children aged 3 – 10. Following the Children’s Message in the morning worship hour, the children will be dismissed for this program. Helpers are needed for the Junior Church and the nursery. All volunteers will receive appropriate screenings and training.
- On the second Tuesday of each month there is a coffee and donut fellowship time following the morning worship. Join us in the adult S.S./Bible study room across the hall from the sanctuary, and get to know your brothers and sisters at First Baptist.
- There was a baptism celebrated at First Baptist during the morning worship service on Sunday, October 22nd. Four souls witnessed to their acceptance of Jesus as the Lord of their lives. Check out the pictures from this Spirit filled celebration.
- On Sunday, November 5th, there will be a brief meeting following the morning worship to vote on the acceptance of 5 or 6 new members into our congregation, the purchase of new windows for the east side of the church, and the election of a 7 member Pulpit Committee.
- Beginning in November, and continuing through April, Produce To People, in conjunction with the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank, will be held in the distribution center of the Valley News Dispatch, located on Wood St. in Tarentum, on the second Tuesday of each month.(November 14th) The lines will start moving at 5:30. Volunteers should arrive at 4:30 pm.
- This year’s Festival Of Faith ,at Blessed Sacrament Church, on Union Ave. in Natrona Heights, will be held at 7:30 pm on October 22nd. Our guest speaker will be the world renown, Rev. Dr. Tony Campolo! Spread the word and bring a friend! Music will be provided by area church choirs.
Volunteers are always needed and welcome at the Food Bank (1913 Freeport Rd., Natrona Heights, 15065). Wednesdays are the busiest days because that is when most people pick up their food. The first and third Wednesdays are when large truck loads of contributions from the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank arrive and must be unloaded and shelved. From 9 AM to 11 AM we sort, and shelve contributions (from Nov. thru March we pre-bag so there is no waiting in the cold, but from April thru Oct. people can shop through.) and from 1:30 to 5:30 we assist those who come to collect food and we bag orders and restock shelves as needed. On the 2nd and last Thurs. of each month between 12 noon and 2 PM our Seniors collect their food and Senior Boxes. On the 1st and 3rd Thurs. people can register for the Food Bank and then collect their food between 9:45 AM and 1:30 PM. Thursdays are slower, but volunteers are needed each day. Do your share to stamp out hunger in the Allegheny Valley! ABCOPAD
- Church Leadership Institute ( now named Academy for Christian Training and Service or ACTS)classes, leading to Lay Pastoral licensing and /or Christian Ed. and Biblical Studies certification, are now being offered online. Check the link on the ABCOPAD web site for details. Most of these classes are transferable to many seminaries for those interested in pursuing ordination.
- Check the ABCOPAD web site for information on any future short term mission trips and on-going aid teams to places nearby which have been devastated by natural disasters, like the flooding, and damage from the Hurricane in Texas, Florida, Louisiana, and Puerto Rico.
- Monetary support for those affected by the hurricane and flooding can be sent through the church and ABCUSA by designating the gift for One Great Hour of Sharing/ Hurricane, or OGHS/Hurricane on the check. So far, over $10,000 has been collected and sent. Our church has raised over $600. Work teams from ABCOPAD will be participating in “mud out” and rebuilding work. So far, there are two trips planned. One in November 2017 and one in January 2018. Check the ABCOPAD web site for updates.