- In September we will be collecting Diapers (sizes 4, 5, and 6) for the AVAC food bank. Please put donations in the bins at the back of the sanctuary.
- There is a Bible Study Group meeting Tuesday evening at 6:30 to 7:30, led by Pastor Bob or Sam Krutz. All are welcome. Come and bring a friend.
- First Baptist has a Junior Church program for children aged 3 – 10. Following the Children’s Message in the morning worship hour, the children will be dismissed for this program. Helpers are needed for the Junior Church and the nursery. All volunteers will receive appropriate screenings and training.
- The Deacons and the Board of Christian Ed are sponsoring a Rally Sunday, September 24th. The church service will be held in the garden at the usual time. The Praise Band will lead the worship, and everyone is invited to stay after for a pot luck supper. Sandwiches and beverages will be provided. Please bring a desert or a salad/side dish to share. Invite a friend.
- Beginning in May, and continuing through October, Produce To People, in conjunction with the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank, will be held in the parking lot of the Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament Church in Natrona Heights on the second Tuesday of each month.(September 12th) The lines will start moving at 5:30. Volunteers should arrive at 4:30 pm.
Volunteers are always needed and welcome at the Food Bank (1913 Freeport Rd., Natrona Heights, 15065). Wednesdays are the busiest days because that is when most people pick up their food. The first and third Wednesdays are when large truck loads of contributions from the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank arrive and must be unloaded and shelved. From 9 AM to 11 AM we sort, and shelve contributions (from Nov. thru March we pre-bag so there is no waiting in the cold, but from April thru Oct. people can shop through.) and from 1:30 to 5:30 we assist those who come to collect food and we bag orders and restock shelves as needed. On the 2nd and last Thurs. of each month between 12 noon and 2 PM our Seniors collect their food and Senior Boxes. On the 1st and 3rd Thurs. people can register for the Food Bank and then collect their food between 9:45 AM and 1:30 PM. Thursdays are slower, but volunteers are needed each day. Do your share to stamp out hunger in the Allegheny Valley!
- Church Leadership Institute ( now named Academy for Christian Training and Service or ACTS)classes, leading to Lay Pastoral licensing and /or Christian Ed. and Biblical Studies certification, are now being offered online. Check the link on the ABCOPAD web site for details. Most of these classes are transferable to many seminaries for those interested in pursuing ordination.
- Check the ABCOPAD web site for information on any future short term mission trips and on-going aid teams to places nearby which have been devastated by natural disasters, like the flooding in West Virginia, and damage from the Hurricane in the Carolinas, Florida, Louisiana, and Haiti.
- Monetary support for those affected by the hurricane and flooding in Texas can be sent through the church and ABCUSA by designating the gift for One Great Hour of Sharing/ Harvey, or OGHS/Harvey on the check. So far, over $10,000 has been collected and sent. Work teams from ABCOPAD will be organized once the flood waters have receded enough to make needs clear. Check the ABCOPAD web site for updates.